Following the formation of the International Confederation of Initiates and their return from Paris in 1939, Dr. and Mrs. R. Swinburne Clymer laid plans for the building of a combination library and meeting hall. This building would serve for future Round Table discussions after the manner of Plato and his followers.
Some fifteen years earlier, Dr. Clymer bought the long‑abandoned old school house and grounds where he attended school during his last few years of public schooling. This old school house stood across the road almost directly opposite the “Beverly Hall” building later named Mitrenga Hall. It was on this site that the Academy was built in 1940.
In 1945, the Quakertown Free Press described the Academy:
“Recently completed is the library, a truly beautiful addition to the group of buildings that make up the See of the Fraternity.
At a cost of approximately $25,000 this building is at the crest of a knoll overlooking the development that had been literally carved from the wilderness of rocks, trees and brush that distinguished this area of East Rockhill Township, impinging on the Hackock. It is the site where Dr. Clymer and his classmates of the early age, went to school under the watchful eyes of Emma Rosenberger.
But all this is changed now. Symbolically, on the foundation of this school house (and utilizing its walls), there has been built the white walls, dome and pillars of a chaste structure that brings to mind the architecture of Thomas Jefferson. Inside are beautiful floors and paneled walls with sealed‑in bookcases. Immense tables and study chairs provide for the examination of the exoteric and esoteric writings. Oil heating attests to its modernity, but as one scans the walls holding their priceless volumes, one realizes it is built for hundreds of years.”
In 1949, the Central News‑Herald of Perkasie, PA added:
“In the converted one‑room school, which serves as the official library (separate entirely from that in the Administration building) are thousands of books, largely on philosophic and religious subjects. Here religious subjects may be interpreted in their broadest sense, for here are found texts on all religions and works of the ancient world's most widely known philosophers as well as more modern theories and principles of philosophy.”
The convocation Round Tables and instructional sessions are held in the Academy building. The arrangements of this building, with its room‑length tables, provide not only dignity to these meetings, but also make it easy for those attending to study their texts on the table or to face the instructor.
The work performed in the Academy, as that of Plato, deals most directly with Philosophy and the concepts of the Soul, from its entrance into the body at birth until the Biblical Second Birth or Spiritual RE-birth is attained during its present sojourn on earth. Comparative religion is discussed and amply considered in order to develop a knowledge and consciousness of the good, constructive and exalted teachings in all religions.
La Federation Universelle des Ordres, Societes, et Fraternites des Inities.